Vision, Mission and Core Values of Office of the Controller of Budget
In order to meet its mandate and expectations of the people of Kenya, the OCOB will be guided by the following:
“To guarantee prudent public financial management overseeing implementation of the Government budgets by controlling and monitoring the use of public funds and reporting on budget implementation for the benefit of all Kenyans”
- Honesty and Integrity: To enhance stakeholders’ confidence in our services, we shall meet stakeholders’ expectations by carrying out duties and responsibilities with honesty, fairness, and integrity.
- Professionalism: We shall adhere to best practices, professional standards and ethics to continuously improve service delivery.
- Accountability and Transparency: We shall adopt a governance structure that promotes and supports accountability and transparency. We shall encourage our stakeholders to provide feedback and proposals on improvement of service delivery. We shall also provide to the public timely and accurate information.
- Innovation and Creativity: We shall continue to promote innovation and creativity through research, regular brainstorming sessions and exchange of ideas at all levels so as to tap the full potential of our staff, partners and collaborators.
- Teamwork: We shall collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve our goals and objectives through consultations, consensus building, participation, and consideration of diversity of opinion and experiences.
- Efficiency: We shall endeavour to effectively meet set deadlines in all our activities as set out in the Kenyan Constitution and ensure prudent utilization of public funds for the satisfaction of the Kenyan people.
- Independence: We shall ensure responsive, prompt, effective, impartial provision of services while firmly and courageously respecting the rule of law.